Friday, December 21, 2007

Time to catch my breath.

Well, it has been almost 2 months since I joined the blogosphere, and what a ride! The past month I have been exploring blogs (see my rapidly expanding 'Blogs I read' list) and joining in on some pretty interesting conversations in relation to education and web 2.0. It's been keeping me so busy that I haven't had much time to post to my own blog! My goals are
- to find a way to make learning more relevant to my distributed learning students
- to explore how to help students become technologically literate so that they can operate successfully in the 21st century.

With respect to my first goal, one of the difficulties I am having is that I do not have a very large group of students in any one grade. I have 3 to 6 students who are active in any one class so coming up with a project specific to a class may not be very fruitful unless I can link up with more students.

With respect to my second goal, I'm thinking more and more that I would like to start doing some mini-units for students (and interested parents) on using blogs, wikis, etc in education to get them interested in using some of these applications in their learning.

As always, I am interested in suggestions or comments that you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Any spam comments will be deleted.