Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
- Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
- Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and "develop professionally."
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
My Professional Development Goals
- Read 'Disrupting Class; How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns'
- Learn more about teaching using Moodle (my district is switching to Moodle in the fall and I will be responsible for teaching at least 4 courses using this Learning Management System)
- Prepare for the two professional development sessions I will be facilitating at the end of the summer
I'm really looking forward to summer break not only to accomplish the goals above, but more importantly to decompress and enjoy time with friends and family.
Now, I'm going to break rule #6 and not explicitly tag anyone. If you are reading this, first off thanks! Secondly, if you haven't been tagged already and think you'd like to participate, then consider yourself tagged ;-)