Monday, April 28, 2008

Am I Crazy to Start Another Blog?!

I haven't posted here for awhile and aside from the usual excuses about life being too busy, it's also because I've started a new blog.

Background


As I mentioned in my last post, I was preparing for a talk that my colleague, Jodie, and I were going to do at the Virtual School Society conference in Vancouver entitled Get Your Google Glow On. We were focusing on how free on-line tools like Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Google Notebook can foster collaboration and enhance communication with colleagues and students.  (And no, Jodie and I are not employed or affiliated in any way with Google--we just love their stuff!)  Well the conference was last week and Jodie and I felt really good about how our presentation went. It was a small room, but it was packed and the talk seemed to be sparking some good dialogue.

The New Blog


To help support our conference talk and hopefully continue the discussion, I created a new blog on Blogger called Tech Pro-D Tools.  (Clearly I need to work on having a catchier title!)  I debated using this blog, Clarify Me, to support our talk; it was appealing to think of drawing new people into my blog.  However, I am doing a summer pro-d session, Blogging 101, where I'll be getting participants to set up a blog using Google's Blogger.  Blogger is such an easy interface to use when you are starting to blog (though it does not have the functionality of Edublogs / WordPress).  It just seemed to make sense to set up a separate blog for the conference talk and to support my summer pro-d session.

Blog Warming Party?


So here's your invitation to check out the new blog.   If you already use Google Docs, Calendar, and/or Notebook you'll hopefully find some useful tips and links.  If you don't but are curious, there's something there for you too!  Oh, and if you're wondering about the best blog warming gift--it's leaving a comment :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy that is not a question you should have asked me :) . I remember when I mentioned it to my readers Alan Levine told me about how many blogs he has and how much time each extra blog takes. What can I say have fun and enjoy. Love the idea of the blog warming gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm afraid that now I'll be behind on posting to not just one blog, but two! Ah well. I'm glad you like the idea of a blog warming gift :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Any spam comments will be deleted.